The man hit a PARKED CAR!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J Hisch, Nov 24, 2003.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

This ever happened to anyone else? We had a new employee wreck a mower into a parked car. This man was 36 years old. Lost control of mower and hit a car! I couldn't believe my eyes. This was no bump head on out of control.....

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

How long had he been running the mower? Some people need more time than others to get the hang of it, maybe he should have practiced in a field or empty parking lot for a while longer. Hope the car wasn't damaged.

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

brother has knocked down fence with walkbehind said he lost control customer was pissed i fixed it though

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We had a joint account with a local radio station here in town. Another company provided the mowing, and we did the shrub maint. and mulching. There is a creek in front of the entire property that runs along the main road. This guy was riding behind a Gravely Pro WB, slipped the left rear tire over the lip, and rode it 10 feet down the bank into the creek! His crewmate came to his aid, and he walked out of the creek, unhurt. We let him have what was left of his dignity, took a break , and went around back and laughed our @sses off ! Funniest thing I saw that summer.

5. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Impact, that is funny too bad you didnt have recorder. Funniest home videos. 100k show you probably would have won it.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

One of my workers hit a light pole, about 7 feet tall and knocked it down, and then ran over it. I wasn't too happy. The funny thing is, this is the second time that the customer had an LCO, besides ourselves, knock over that pole.

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

well...knock on wood. i havent had any catastrophes on the lazer with the lco i work for yet.

didnt learn until the end of the summer and still have less than 10 hrs on the machine. I still have a white knuckled grip on the handles and am scared when im on it.

havent had any accidents but i am very careful.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i was cutting a lawn last week, there was a thick rose bush hanging through the hedge, i didn't see it. walked right into it. thorns in my face and forhead, big ones too, i let go of the mower, it went over the curb, into the street. sh1t happens

9. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I let my brother ride on the Lazer, he was doing fine until he got in-between a garden and a raised bed. There was just enough room to pass by, but he hit the retaing wall for the bed and over compensated turning right in to the garden. He ran over two rows mint, that was the best the Lazer has ever smelled:D

10. Bai Bai

Bai Bai LawnSite Member

my brother was using my 52"hydro with the sulky when his foot slipped off ,he was right next to the curb. He hung on with one hand while the mower went around clockwise wide open up over the curb and onto the grass probably 6 times until he got his hand back on the control. It looked like a wild bull going crazy. My brother was white as a ghost. I think he learned a good lessen, and didn't hurt anything in the process.