1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

the meg-mo system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tazman, May 18, 2008.

1. tazman

tazman LawnSite Member

Has any one heard of this or tried it? www.meg-mo.com. Curious to see if any one is using it and with what kind of results.

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I like the dog poo rake myself:clapping:
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't waste your money. I ordered a set a couple of years ago and was highly disappointed with the finish cut. They are now sitting on the shelf. Meg-mo's are not all Roy cracks them up to be.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I had a set and they were only on my mower for about 2 hours. They require great amounts of horsepower to turn and on my 25 hp 60" mower they did an awful job. Most notably they left a whole lot of rooster tails sticking up because the blades kept folding back.
  5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

If they blades were stiff (not able to fold back)they would be great, but last I checked they aren't. The concept is good, but the product needs improvement.
  6. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

I have used them on and off for about two years. You do need a higher hp to keep them moving and you need to move a little slower. Surprisingly, I use them with great success in the spring because I have to double cut almost every lawn and these things clean up clippings really nice. On you second cut, you also pick up any stragglers that may have been left behind.
  7. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

They are more of a rough cut blade system and not very useful for high quality work. They are not new ether and have been around for many years they are commonly used on tractor mowers and rough cut mowers. As well as some field and brush mowers although they mainly use a flail system of cut. :)