1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The more things change the more things stay the same

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Well I'm back doing repairs. I worked until 1 then my back finally said NO MAS and I needed my medical beer. Day started at 60 degrees and hit 80 when I quit. Hated to leave it was so beautiful today. I had Penny Lane playing in my head. The usual.....fence goes in and sprinkler gets clobbered.

No comment on the pics except my shiny new shovels. The blue ones are made by BULLY TOOLS and are American made.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Keep on keepin' on! May you always be crankier than your back. :)
  3. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Ain't that always the way? It's as if the fence guys AIM for the sprinkler stuff.

Either they pour cement around a head or they put a post thru the line.

Nice selection of shovels. Thumbs Up

RICHLONGHORN LawnSite Member

Hey Peter,
    That looks like easier digging than you're used to. Hope all is well with you!
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I know that is only one job, but how are most Montana jobs set up? Manifolds and poly? Or mainlines, individual valves, and PVC?
  6. Definitely easier Rich. Clay loam. Plus it only got up to 80 degrees.
    All is well. I go see Audrey in London in Aug.
    I hear you met BCG and gave him the ultimate compliment.
  7. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Mind the gap whilst entering the tube.
  8. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

if your back in the repair business, looks like you picked a good repair job to start!

nothing like concreteing over stuff we need to fix
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Gee, I remember when I had shovels with labels still showing on the blades.....
  10. I finally met poly. Had a break from the fence post that was too far under the sidewalk to cut without a massive hole and a PIB valve in the way. So I cut the 1" poly on both sides of the sidewalk and used it as a sleeve for 3/4" poly. I tried to reuse a white saddle clamp that leaked like a democrat in the CIA so I replaced it with a blazing saddle and reused the same hole that was punched by the saddle installer. Had to hammer the barbs in and the ring clamp thing is kinda cool.
    The high topped out at 80 today:)