The most challenging clock to program?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, May 13, 2007.

1. Midlo Snow Maker

Midlo Snow Maker LawnSite Member

Toro XF416
    Toro IC 8

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You mean this one? Yeah, hate it as well.

johnmansvilletimer2.jpg

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

4. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of those left. Since i use my remote it is not an issue checking out the system but the customer knows that I will not even begin to program that thing.

5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Buckner didn't make the list? The digital pad buckner (I think 22 stations) was my fav to hunt through and figure out who had been in behind me and screwed everything up.

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah! I ran into one about 1985.... the manual also said it could be used for automating poultry feeding and watering... not kidding.

On the other hand, the simplest yet most unreliable (due to very short battery back-up life, probably because of the lit-up display) was the Hardie HR-6100... Still run into those now and then and try to talk homeonwers into replacing them.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Somewhere in a box, I have an Imperial Phantom 22 - that's a clock to make for interesting programming.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't the "phantom" use a double common?

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The Phantom 22 assigned two zones to each knob on the timing wheel, so zone 1 and zone 12 had the same run times. The timing wheel made two revolutions when watering. Indicator lights indicated which group of zones the timer was operating.