The most efficent way to move leaves!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Scagman 48, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah i think we would have done something along those lines but we had the machines going and we got the job done

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I woulden't say it was "The most efficent way to move leaves" by any means. Infact it looked pretty slow.

3. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

Rakes would absolutely be faster. I see that a lot when I pick up some guys not experienced (or lazy). They think they're being smart using the 13hp blower or the ztr when a rake or weed wacker would be simpler.

Also about my other comment, I was just d*cking around with you, I know what you meant I'm just a grade A jacka$$ :cool2:

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Could be for fast workers...
    I'd have mowed over them before bagging, those leaves would mulch up real nice...big and leafy...plus reducing the bulk would make blowing much faster.
    The guy on the other side of the fence blowing would have helped move them faster your way...also one guy with a rake to move the bulk along works nice..while others with blowers get the remaining.

That amount of leaves in one place could have the bulk/reduced bagged very quickly...not worrying with getting all, just the bulk and then making the blowing go much faster. You put the trash bag on the ground, ....hold bottom of opening down on ground with feet spread out, on your heels, hold open with one hand and use your other hand as a rake to get the bulk in the bag.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Looked to me like little progress was made. Would be better off blowing them out away from the fence instead of into it like that. Also, I would put the wheel blower so that you're feeding into it and using it to pitch the leaves.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

This past season I added 3 more blowers to our clean ups, totaling 5. It was a charm! Especially on the properties with wooded areas that you could leave on site.

7. Scagman 48

I bought the 7500 this season and had a echo and 8hp billy goat and it cut cleanup times in half
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Scagman 48

I have to agree with you it would of been faster if my doctor let me work and i could get on a third backpack
    Posted via Mobile Device