The Most Powerful Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MidAtlantic, Mar 6, 2005.

1. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic LawnSite Member

I am in the market for some backpack blowers for the crews. I was wondering who has the best backpack blower on the market. I know this is a chevy vs ford type of questions but I am looking for the most powerful (HP & CFM) and reliable compact blower so that the guys can use it for leaf blowing in the fall. Price is a concern but overall performance is more important since all high performance blowers are within $100 of one another. I know any little blower will blow the grass off of walkways and driveways but can it move a mountain of leaves?

Sound off guys!!!!!!

2. Mower Man

Mower Man LawnSite Member

Industry Spread isn't too difficult.
    #1 Red Max 8000
    #2 Red Max 7001
    #3 Echo PB 750/751
    #4 Echo PB 650/651
    #5 Shindiawa EB630

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear the new echo is a real powerhouse.
    haven't seen it yet. but i plan to check it out before fall. :D

4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Unfortunately we have no redmax dealers close by. The main difference between the Echo 651 and 751 is the air filter. Bought a 651 and what a difference between that and my old 420 and 400 stihl. Mornings starts second pull max. After that 1st pull each stop. Is a little on the heavy side. Also plan on carrying an extra gallon of gas everyday as the 651 loves the stuff. So far am very happy with it.

5. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic LawnSite Member

Anybody try those new 4stroke models? I hear they have more power and are quieter....

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think thats what the new echo is.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I know this is a off brand but has anybody tried "Solo"? . Listed at 235mph winds, 705 cfm--3hp, 52.6 cc, 2 cycle for around 419$

I dont have any off brands but this looks interesting. I dont think there is anybody around here who even works on these.

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you'll just use the Search Feature on here you will find hundreds of recent threads will great info to your question on both this question and your Trimmer/Edger question as they are asked nearly daily on here.

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I got the chance to get my hands on the new stihl br550 friday, seems to have some power, we pushed a brick around the parking lot with it. I thought the blower was very noisey, I have a br340 and it isnt as noissey as the 550

10. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Simple, Redmax EBZ8000! Make sure you get the RH model with the throttle and controls on the tube not on the left side of the blower. They are pretty heavy at 25 lbs. but you will be done quicker so the extra weight is really negligable.