1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The "nastyest" thing you ever ran over w/a mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Apr 19, 2007.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

What's the nastyest thing anyone has ever ran over w/ a mower. Mine has to be a women's sexual pleasure toy, it was about a foot long and PURPLE..;) The next thing has to be a rabbit that was decapitated and the head was the only thing left. (kinda turned my stomach).
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I pulverized a box turtle by accident. The noise it made when the blades chopped up the hard shell sent chills down my spine. I also ran over a baby rabbit with the rear tire by accident and it squished all of its guts out of its head.
  3. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

HAHA......wonder what the hell it was doing in the yard ????
    I ran over a little rabbit den and chopped up the babies pretty good with my gator blades, pretty much turned my stomach also
  4. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

My foot. That's why I hire you guys. It's much safer that way. :):dizzy:
  5. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

A Crow, sittin on the lawn stupid thing didnt move, had blood all over the mower....Alot of fun cleaning it lol
  6. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

A dead fish that was close to 2 pounds. An Osprey ( Fish hawk for you Northern boy's) dropped him from the top of a light pole. When I noticed the fish it was too late. Sushi was everywhere. Boy did he stink had to be there a couple of days. I had to scrub my deck down after that.
  7. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Watched my Dad murder a pitbull in self defense... He had a Gravely and the deck lifted off the ground(up front deck). We use to mow this place that fixed propane parts and it was on 5 acres.. The dog got out 1 day and was trying to attack my dad.. He lifted the deck and the dog ran right for it.. No more pitbull... The dog has gotten out before and attacked our truck ripped the front tire to shreds..My dad was going to shoot it then, but the owner came out.
  8. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

I've run by a rabbit den before but didn't kill them. Those things are really hard to catch. Didn't want to leave them in the neighbors driveway or all over the yard so we got as many as we could find and stuffed 'em back in the hole. It actually worked. I'm sure we looked funny runnin all over the place, though. This was about 15 yrs ago during my summer mowing job.
  9. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

First day out with my brand new Stander this year... first property I was mowing close to the road and hit a racoon that was flat from people running it over and over. Somehow it got into the yard and I didn't see it. Poof! fur and stench everywhere... I had to take the mower to the carwash to get the smell and crap off the bottom of the deck... no way I'm scraping that off by hand in the garage..............
  10. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Ran over a poopy babie diaper once while mowing at a local Wal-Mart, that same year I ran over a used femine hygine product and a used pregnacy test at the same store. People that shop a that place are some of the filthiest people i've even seen and they have no morals what so ever when it comes to throwing things onto the ground.