The need for extremely simple software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by simps21, Feb 3, 2007.

1. simps21

simps21 LawnSite Member

I am a owner of a small landscaping company that mostly performs maintenance work. I am currently working with a programmer to come up with a user friendly software that would mainly concentrate on creating invoices and obviously record keeping. I find that a lot of the software is too complicated and involves too much detail. I currently use quickbooks, and the billing takes WAY TO LONG. I have come up with a simple solution for billing customers. After you initial setup producing bills will be faster then ever. All you need is 10-30 min a week depending on how big you are. I can not stress enough how fast and easy you will be able to create your invoices. This program is designed more for maintenance landscapers that have many customers each week. I am designing this program for my needs, but I was interested to find out if their was a need for software like this to be available. PLease leave feedback.

P.S. The software will be inexpensive! Around 75$
  2. sunriseturf

sunriseturf LawnSite Member

I'd be willing to check it out. But I just bought a new system for 15 bucks with a 10 dollar rebate. I have a little over 400 homes. Does it have any estimating features or the like? Where in phila suburbs are you?
  3. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

I too are interested in this software please give more info thanks
  4. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

would be intrested in seeing a demo, last couple of yrs. I have been using ms excel to keep records and print invoices, it would be nice to transfer info from a spread sheet to an invoice by copy and paste, instead of creating an invioice everytime you enter info on the computer like QB, I have QB pro 07 and played w/ it a little but maybe its just me, not that simple maybe it just takes time
  5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn Pro is a good program and its cheap and easy to use
  6. simps21

simps21 LawnSite Member

I am out of Huntingdon Valley, Abington area. The billing for mowing is super fast and would display each customers info, and dates of cuts ( along with any extra work performed that month) on every invoice. It will have simple estimating functions. I am trying to get a feel for how other landscapers give estimates and bill customers. How do you breakdown your estimating for your customers. The program will basically be able to organize the estimate in a presentable way, but it will not be the brains behind any pricing. That would be to hard, since everyones pricing is different. If you estimate by strickly an hourly rate, man hours, material and delivery cost, the progam will be set up for this use. Are you looking for an accounting function in this program?