The nerve of some people....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Pulled up to a residential today when the lady next door comes out, a person who I mowed for last year for 6 weeks and never paid me a single dime, owing me $180... She said " When you are mwing this yard, you have been getting their grass on my yard and I don't like it"... I simply replied, " For $180 I will try harder to keep it off your precious grass"... She said nothing!

Fumed over it for a minute or two, pulled the mower off my trailer and took my first pass right against her yard, blowing the whole load her way as she stood there and watched.... :) :)
  2. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

prepare to get lectured by some people on this site... :D Ive felt like doing that more than once.. considered dumping a load of grass clippings up against certain clients doors (or driveways) but never have.. :p
  3. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Well if the yard I was mowing wasn't that of a guy I am friends with and who I know doesn't get along with this same person, I probably wouldn't have done it...
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

why does she still owe you money in the first place? 6 weeks and no payment...Usually i dont mow until i have the months payment in hand

5. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

If someone was not paying up to me I can think of another kind of load I would like to leave in their yard:eek:
  6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

one word. UNPROFESSIONAL. Good luck getting your money now dumbass.
  7. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

I mulch my lawns, however, if I didn't, I would have mowed the whole lawn, blowing every clipping to that side of the yard, then made the grass next to hers my last pass....leaving every bit on her lawn. Yeah, that's not very nice, but stiffing someone on payment for a service they performed for you is not right. Everything you do always comes back to you....good or bad.
  8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I think he said he mowed for her LAST year. It's probably written off the books and he doesn't expect payment at this point. Especially now after he spewed clipping all over her slippers!

Sounds like a bobbygedd kind of day.
  9. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I can relate to your frustration. I think sometimes about doing the same thing or at least something along those lines to some of my old and current customers. But, spewing the clippings over her yard just added to her contempt, even though you might get some short term satisfaction.

Leopards can't change their spots anymore than customers can change their behavoir. I think I would have taken the oppertunity to stand there and confront her (Gently) about her bill. I am curious as to y she didn't pay any of it. Could you share that with us?:confused:
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i think blowing clippings in her yard is the equivilent to baking her cookies compared to what i would have done. #1, why didn't you get paid? #2, why was she not tormented then dragged to court ?