The New Contract! Check It Out

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Slcareco, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

First off I want to thank everyone for all there comments, suggestions, examples and help you gave me!! Here is what I have come up with a 4 page service agreement that I believe covers most if not all! Well please comment as much as possible all is welcome! Thank you agian! :waving:

Attached Files:

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

It looks pretty good, covers all the bases. I would just question whether you need to include ALL that info. I mean, a 4 page agreement might scare a few people away. People are more or less used to all the legal mumbo-jumbo these days, but for someone who just wants mowing to start with, it might seem a bit much.

As much as possible I try to keep it simple, get as much as I can on one page.

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

your name is scotts lawn care but in the collection it says cutting edge are you 2 companies or is it a typo

4. Slcareco

some was from cutting edge who let me use some of his stuff must of missed it to edit it and change it to my business name

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I agree too long, if you cut out the logo of your name on every page but the first it would make it appear shorter without loosing any of the contract text. Overall looks real good!!

6. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Scott,

Looks good. Here are a couple of things that I noticed.

Changes to be made:

Part 3

In Section B. Spring Clean-up (Change Leave to Leaf)

In Section G. Mulch Installation (Change Display to Overall Appearance)

Part 4

In Section E. has the right to mow around the pet droppings (Change to Reserves the right....)

Section G. No additional services can be performed (Change to will be performed).

Also The Contractor are unauthorized (Change to is unauthorized)

Section K. I would change to 30 days. 5 is not that much time.

Hope this helps,

Jason

If you were asking me if I have AIM in the other post the answer is No.
    You can e-mail me at Jason@makoconsulting.com

7. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

And BTW I don't think that it is too long.
    It never hurts to spell it out for the customer.
    What you might want to consider is reducing the size of your logo or header.
    This might allow you to reduce it to three pages.
    :waving:

Jason

8. Slcareco

Thank you soooo much! I really appreciate everything you have said and suggested!! and i was playing around with it by taking out my logo and trying to condense it a bit but it doesnt work out, cause one page may have a big space but not big enough to add nething else to it and then the order wouldnt seem right.... what you think bout the space i left were ima tape my business card to?

9. Slcareco

oh and for the time i will allow the estimate valid i put 15 because say if i give a lady an estimate for a clean up and she doesnt get back to me in 30 days and by then theres 30 more days worth of leaves on the ground in my contract im covered. So another words those 30 days worth of leaves im opt to clean up with the price i gave her if that makes any sense?

10. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a couple of typos and one part that said "Cuting Edge Lawn Care"....I will try to proffread it again tonight and tell you if I come across anything else.

Other than that.....hell I might make one similar........