The New ExMark MONSTER !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kipcom, Feb 23, 2005.

1. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

OK,,, so here I am a bit excited about this "new" 60" ZTR..... I go to the open house at XYZplace and MAN am I dissapointed at what I saw.

ExMark must be really itching to come out with something new....Oh ya, and they want 10k for it..... LOL

Dont get me wrong...Luv my exmark equipment....But :dizzy:

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you would like to tell us what you are talking about???

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

what are you talking about??

4. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Its...well....a modified HP model. They added a suspension seat / wide'r tires in the front and back ( should have done that before) and a couple other things...but least of my likes was it has a B&S vanguard "air cooled" engine & its a crazy 31hp !!!! Thats going to consume some fuel every hour. I know theres not alot to change on todays mowers,,,,,but for a $2500.00 increase...its just not worth it.

IMO..they should have gone with a liquid cooled engine / Larger fuel tank / wider tires(they did) AM/FM radio(with wireless headset) and an OCDC made by them for their equipment.

5. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

It's on the XP frame, not hp. It does have larger tires, tanks and almost 13 mph plus 31 hp. What more could you ask for? If you compare it to the 27 hp kohler 60 it's only like 1200-1500 more and you get the 500+ dollar seat.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, its a very good machine. Those Big Block Briggs are some awesome motors. More power and good fuel effeciency for what it is. I'm not sure what was expected, but...

7. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

the fram is also beefed up more ,same gage but more of it 300 lbs more and all so has cooling fans for hydros

8. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Well gentlemen, we purchased one thru the no payments plan until 1/06. My son talked me into it and after reading the specs and doing the rate of return numbers, I had to agree with him. The machine will pay for itself rather quickly. The suspension seat will help me since I went thru spinal fusion late last year. I hope the machine does not let us down. :waving:

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Lets see-I think there are about 25000 members on this site, and they are all opposed to new ideas. I speak from experience. I will bet eXmark gets the deal done because of thier advertizeing and size.

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Exmark is overpriced.