1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The New Gas Prices..Are You ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Partsangel, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Partsangel

Partsangel LawnSite Member

The new gas prices are kicking my but** are you charging your customers more for this ?

Why ?

Why Not ?

Curious Mike
  2. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

On average, prices are up 3-5 dollars a cut for me. Pretty good considering most cuts average 40 bucks. Haven't had one customer complain.
  3. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

raise all accounts $5 per cut
  4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I did the same thing Jan. 1, Im soooooooooooo glad I did!!!!!!!!!!
  5. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I sent out 5 test emails to raise prices four dollars per cut. 4 accounts cancelled immediatly.
  6. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what my wife is worried about! i want to raise prices just a little not even $10 a month but she's nervous that we will lose business.
  7. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything is locked in by contract for this year but I will be raising everything starting with Snow Removal Contracts this fall. How in the world cant you adjust prices...????:confused:
  8. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have a clause in my contracts for a fuel surcharge.
  9. PMLawns

PMLawns LawnSite Member

I am curious as to how you guys determine your fuel surcharge? I suppose what I am asking is ....how do you determine your increase according to fuel rate? Does the lawn potentially cost more at each cut....or calculated monthly ? And in the same token , do your customers understand their costs? Please explain.
  10. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

I plainly put that price WILL fluctuate with cost of materials or fuel . . .

Greenkeeper if your accounts dropped you over 4 bucks were they really worth it???? i mean those are not the customers i want to target!!!!