The New Great Dane

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wilson Edge, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Wilson Edge

Wilson Edge LawnSite Member

Hey i was on the great dane site and i saw they have a new surfer zero turn stander. It is a 32" so i figure it will fit through any gate. I have seen some small gates and it looks like this would fit through all of them... looks like there running $4800 but they are nice mowers....
  2. Total Lawn

Total Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have a 36" surfer and it does well fitting through the back gates. A 32", as you said, would pretty much guarantee that you are getting in their backyard.

I have a 36' stander and I like it. I think it is an 04 model. I don't know about there standers but there riders don't seem to be made as well as the ones a few years ago. But I haven't looked at the new ones lately.
  4. Wilson Edge

woops sorry it is a 34".....but still small
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

go with wright, the great danes dont cut as good in wet conditions or as good on hills
  6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a pure statement of opinion. You ask 10 people you'll get 10 different opinions on this.

Been round and round on this 2 bazillion times.
  7. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

The new 34" Great Dane Surfer looks like it has some nice inovations--it looks way better than the old triple-blade 36" Super Surfer. What do you all think of the location of the hydro pumps--next to the engine, rather than behind it? That puts the engine farther back. With the location of the gas tank and battery also rearward, it looks like it will have almost as good of weight distribution as the small frame twin blade Wright Standers--although the tires are too small.
  8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, i know opinion, but really the great dane scalp more easily, i demoed both and i know. still the great danes are nice.
  9. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

EDIT: wrong thread.
  10. Wilson Edge

yah i dont know what you mean because the great dane is the best mower on hills except for a walk behind....these things are amazing