1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The new guy.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark_Christopher, Oct 6, 2000.

1. Mark_Christopher

Mark_Christopher LawnSite Member

Hello everyone... Ive been in the business of mowing residential lawns for 11 years now. Started when I was 16. During that time Ive supported myself through college (community) and aquired a A.A. in Ornamental Horticulture. I have about 45 houses in the Southern California Area and one employee. Iam in the process of studying for my C-27 lic and hope to have it by the beginning of next next year. My major goal is the have a big Landscaping company (Design,Installation) with Maintenance on the side by the year 2002. Are there any of you from the California area? preferrably southern california??? I have no landscaping contacts out here because alot of my competitors (as far as maintenance is concerned) are low balling gardeners. Know of any landscape contractors/gardeners in the SO Ca area, please let me know.

I can tell this board is going to help me out on moving up in the industry, and get me away from the characterized (Gardener). I feel I dont have the respect (in my community)for the high quality of service that i provide...... Thanks everyone....

2. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to Lawnsite Mark.
    There are a few guys from the San Fran area. Check out the member list at the top of the page.
    We visited your area a few years ago. My wife and daughter started talking about moving after two days of no humidity.
    This is a cool site.
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello Marc and welcome, sorry we are on the whole other end of the country in southern Maine. Nice to see ya here.
  4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I lived in Dana Point for awhile.
  5. dhicks

dhicks Member

Dana Point. That's may favorite vacation spot. I love staying at the Ritz. Yippee!
  6. Welcome Mark. I am in the Portland OR market area. I am somewhat familar with the SoCal landscape scene. I had a branch operation down there back in the late 80's for a while. Tough market. If you make it there, you've made it. Good Luck. Write a good business plan and go for it.