The new lowballin' punks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, May 24, 2005.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

A few weeks ago we got rid of 2 cheap PITAs because they were complaining about the price. They were 5000 sq. ft. lawns that we were cutting for $27.50 a week. Today, while cutting some lawns down the street, we saw the new guys that were mowing their lawns. They had a toro ZMaster 52", Stander 36" and an Encore 32". These guys did a terrible job, went way to fast, trimmed huge spots that they should have mowed and ended up leaving mounds of grass in those spots. If those cheap@$$ old women want cheap service they sure as hell got it with those punks. The guys were total trash to with dyed red hair and died gotees. The part that pissed me off the most was when they drove their mower down to watch us cutting the lawns. Probably scouting out more LCO's to lowball. Pieces of trash like this won't last long in this business cutting their client's lawns for terribly cheap while doing leaving a terrible cut! They need to read the latest article in Turf about how "Image is everything" because they looked like they just escaped from the Leavenworth Penetentury! That's my .02. Have a good one boys.

-Mark Wood

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You could do those 2 Lots... if they Were Side by Each in 1/2 hr... w/the Equip Mentioned...You Should have Charged $20 Each and You Would be Making $40 for 1/2 Work...

Learn to Lowball for Profit.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Who cares, you are the one that dumped them, right? How do you knowe that those guys are lowballers? Did they tell you there price? Move on......

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah move on....... old man..........??????

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

alot of people are more than happy to pay a dirt cheap price for an inferior product. in fact i bet most of you do it daily, without even realizing it.

6. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

bobby...don't Forget..You Bought a RedHawk !

)½ñÌì 2005Äê 5ÔÂ24ÈÕ ÐÇÆÚ¶þ Å©Àú ÒÒÓÏÄê 4ÔÂ17ÈÕ

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

but, it was not an inferior product. i got 6 more horsepower, for a cheaper price.

8. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

The First Rule of Cheap People....It's Just as Good as the More eXpensive Stuff...

It's Just Grass Cutting...I Might as Well Look for the Cheapest Price.

Self-Justification of Your Cheapness...One Must eXploit the Cheap Customers Mentality to Make Real Money.

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

now be reasonable, would you rather have an 18hp driving your 48", or a 12.5?