The New Shed!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rross, Nov 12, 2002.

1. rross

rross LawnSite Member

Hey, what kind of shed do you guys use. Currently I'm using the old tarp, but I was thinking of jumping on AutoCad and drawing me up something for the side yard. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions as to size and types of doors, or maybe a prebuilt one. Oh, the reason I'm not purchasing a enclosed trailor is because I like the rom the open landscaping trailor gives me.. Thanks guys!
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

How about a 30' x 50' with two 10'x10' doors on the 30' end. This way you can back the truck and trailer in at the end of a day and not have to unhook! Then just jump in your (insert other car here) and go wherever you need to.

I wouldn't call this a "Shed" but bigger is always better. I'm working out of a 20' x 24' garage with a single 16' x 8' door. All I can fit is the trailer :rolleyes: I have squeezed both trucks in, but trailer must be gone.

Build what you need, WHEN you can afford it.
  3. rross

rross LawnSite Member

Bang, yea I want to be able to do some work on the goods in there, as well as pull the entire truck and trailor through, thanks,,

good post
  4. If you want to build one on the cheap. Take your trailer and go around to the new construction sites. They will let you haul off the scrap lumber. If you do not haul it off they will have to pay someone to do it. What you are looking for is the scrap 2x4's. I assume that you can form up and pour a slab. Then lay the 2x4's like they were bricks. All that will be left then is to put on the roof and install the doors and windows and of course you will need to run the electrical and water supplies. You can 100% of the work yourself. With most of the lumber provided to you for free.
  5. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

i just cram in my garage and put down the door. I dont think the neighbors would like a shed too much. I already annoy them with my equipment in the early morning hours.:)
  6. rross

rross LawnSite Member

Well my yard is not small, and I will have no problems with neighbors
  7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

My 24X26 2 story shed built 1992 is way too small. We should be breaking ground later this week for the 40X60 shed (w/ office & bath). 4 trucks, 3 trailers, "shed", pool, swingset, house all on a 55X150 lot (wife's car in street) - we're a little tight. Oops almost forgot rented garage for off season equip & plows.

Can't wait to move into new facility - maybe mid winter.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

For what I listed above. Fully loaded. With poured 6" slab. INSTALLED $21,000

This includes all doors, windows (4), ridge vent, gutters and spouts, 12" vented eaves. This is a pole building. They go up in about a day.

A full frame or masonry block would cost considerably more and take weeks.

Try this link....

Don't think they cover Northern VA, but you never know?
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Like this...

10. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

What ever size you thimk you need, double it! And get as big a door as you can. I am speaking from exp. I bulit a shed for my equipment when we closed in the garage for my mom and I out grew it in a month.