1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The New Shin. trimmer (2500)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J. Davis, Jun 26, 2002.

1. J. Davis

J. Davis LawnSite Member

In the mail today, I received this mailer from Shin. with a new trimmer on the front. It stated that this new item was a 2/4 stroke trimmer. It was called the T2500 or something like that....States that it has great power? Need information on this new product...:D
  2. It got my interest too. Was looking to buy the honda 4 stroke, but I'll need to see this one 1st.
  3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

4. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Most still run on mix gas but with a 4 rev per cycle. the honda is the only one i know that runs on pump gas. Hope that helped.
  5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I just read and see that you may not understand how it works.....It is a four stroke trimmer that uses the same mixed fuel that any two stroke trimmer does. It has all of the advantages of a two stroke engine (light, powerful, snappy throttle response, simple design, no oil to change or dipstick to check, etc.) while having much cleaner emissions (w/ out a catalyst muffler, I may add), better fuel economy, and quieter. Seems like it may last longer too, but that's just pure speculation. The average price for it seems to be $350. Make sure you read that link I provided earlier....you will have to earn at least one thing from doing so!