The new shindaiwa 8520

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TandM, May 5, 2008.

1. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Are there any dates for it to come out. I went to my dealer and they said that it should be here very soon acording to shindaiwa. Is it anymore powerful than the 8510 or is it only going to have the new back support on it. I hope that it is like leather seat backs with a built in system cup holder and cooler. Wouldn't that be great. I am so satisfied with my 8510 I can't see how they can make it any better. i am so excited I am going to go to the dealer when it comes out to try it out for em give it a little test drive.

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I called Shindaiwa and asked them about this one and the new 830 (I think that is the number- 2 cycle) and they said both are set for release in August.

3. TandM

from south

that is along time.

4. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I don't even see any info on their site, what is 830? How big is the engine?

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Perhaps a electric start........

6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

The new 2-stroke is model EB802, not 830. Some 802 specs:
    79.2cc
    4.0 hp
    22lbs

It's a Shindaiwa built engine, unlike the EB630, (which it will be replacing), which was built by Zenoah. The EB802 will share the same frame, fuel tank & tubes as the EB8520. Improvements over the EB630 include larger crank bearings, Walbro carb with primer, non-cat muffler, 2-thumbscrew air filter housing, much improved leaf guard, ergonomic frame. It will be the world's largest 2-stroke backpack blower and meets EPA phase II Class 5. Shindaiwa made meeting emissions requirements their #1 goal, rather than high specific output.

The 8520 features:
    Improved leaf guard minimizes risk of overheating due to blocked intake. New 1-piece throttle cable which decreases throttle sticking problems over the 8510's 2-piece cable. New cam angle improvement to prevent premature cam wear. New valve follower orientation to prevent the valve breakage problem. Has a heat sensor that will drop the engine RPM's before serious damage occurs (over heat normally caused by blocked intake).
    Comfort improvements:
    New ergonomic frame
    New segmented back pads for better support & comfort
    Thicker, wider shoulder straps which require less adjustment

The EB8520 will also be available in Shindaiwa Red.

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Is 802 really true!!!! That will be marvelous!!!!! Do you know anything on the sound level?:waving:

8. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually it is the EB802 not the 830.

I believe it will be in the 75cc + range. It is going to be huge and 2 cycle to boot.

You can call Shindi and ask them about it. They won;t say much but what they will say is enticing!

9. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

No, sorry. Not all the details have been released yet...

10. TandM

from south

I have noticed that mine does get hot real quick but has never overheated even after blowing leaves all day. I had a few big cleanups this and boy was I glad I had bought my 8510. The 8520 sounds even better.