1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The New Shop

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Daniel's Lawn Care, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yesterday (Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010) we set a total of 34 room trusses with a 7/12 pitch and one foot overhang. Here are the pictures. The first and last truss, finished product, and view of the room upstairs.

2. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

coming along very nice keep up the good work daniel. Thats gonna be a nice garage for you.
  3. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

ahh they are room truses. gabel on top of stack
  4. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Here is what it looked like after we finished today. Shingles are coming next Tuesday.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That is going to be one nice shop man! Cant wait to see the final product!
  6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Your doing a great job. Teriffic garage. What are the measurements of the loft ? :)
  7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks awesome, I would love something like that if I haven't mentioned it yet lol.
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

What would a pre-eng metal building have run compared to the wood structure? I would think metal would be stronger, more resistant to fire and probably faster to throw up?
  9. RJR7110

RJR7110 LawnSite Member

Great job man. Did you ever build these for a living? It looks really good.
  10. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Typically, if you are your own contractor you can do wood cheaper.
    I have a friend who worked as a Professional Engineer for Morton Buildings for a number of years and it was his opinion that a wood framed structure would outlast most metal buildings. He stated that a typical metal stucture was designed for a 25 year lifespan. Good care will make that much longer as we all know.
    As an inspector myself, I think Daniel has made some great choices with his building. His should last many years and retain a decent property value.