The New Shop

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Daniel's Lawn Care, Nov 16, 2009.

1. dubb

dubb LawnSite Member

are you going to install vinyl siding? or something else? nice shop

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Trusses like his can be designed for heavier loads. The standard residential floor load is 40 pounds per square feet. Commercial office loads area at 60 pounds per square feet. Actually, both can be obtained with proper design. That is a good example why most jurisdictions will not allow trusses that are field built (Home made).
    His look like 40 pound per square foot design. If he has a home office, an apartment or similar he should be ok. The real key is how the trusses were ordered.
    Daniel can enlighten us to that question.

3. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The floor beam is a 2x8 and the trusses are 16" on center. I am not sure how that translates into how many pounds per square foot it can handle.

4. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

Daniel the shop is looking great. That is something to be proud of.

You say the shop is going to run aroung 35K. Does that figure include the site work such as the trees. And also does it include the foundation. You must also have saved some money by doing some of the work yourselves.

I really looking forward to seeing the project complete, and thank you for taking the pictures for all of us to see.

5. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Trusses are engineered to a desired design load. Daniel will have the paperwork and know the capacity. You can't calculate a truss span with standard wood framing properties.

6. Daniel's Lawn Care

$35,000 does include taking down the trees and the foundation. The foundation itself was $12,000!:dizzy: We saved a whole lot I'm sure, though I don't know exactly how much.

7. Daniel's Lawn Care

I don't have any pictures this time but we have set up an interior wall to separate the workshop from the two bay areas. The workshop is 31'x10'!!!Thumbs Up Next up: Shingles!

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats pretty sweet, gonna have a door to cross between the two? That'll give you more space to hang things up too. We need some pictures haha

9. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice job!!! I'm also building one right now its only a shed 8x16 just finished the floor today I'll start a thread some day soon

10. wrightscapes12

wrightscapes12 LawnSite Member

you should have lowes flip some of the bill for all that free advertising!