The New Shop

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Daniel's Lawn Care, Nov 16, 2009.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Very nice, congrats. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

2. pushmower

pushmower LawnSite Member

Looks like a regular garage. Funny......no pics of mowers inside, or an office.

3. pushmower

pushmower LawnSite Member

How long has it been?

4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a bit baffled by the construction method as well. Is that entire center section not going to have any beams to support it? My shop is almost the exact same size as yours.

My slab had a vapor barrier under the concrete to prevent the concrete from wicking up moisture. With no barrier mold and mildew is a problem. The whole slab had gravel road base under it to help prevent movement associated with the native soil. All the beams around the slab and the three that bisected the slab were packed with #5 grade 60 rebar. The top plate was covered in #5 rebar 12" OC. We used an extra stout six sack conc mix.

We used $1500 in rebar, about $3300 for 52 yards of concrete, and about $2000 for forms and labor. The slab is way to important to not make it as strong as possible.

Road Base.jpg

Forms.jpg

Rebar.jpg

5. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

looks great the only question i have is why did you put regular garage doors instead of over sized?

6. LandContract

LandContract LawnSite Member
    from MN

I agree, too many say "good job" without asking real questions. Who builds a shop without tall doors? And builds it to be smaller than the garage I have for my own house where I keep my personal truck and my car I've got for play

7. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Their is room for an office, and did you ever think that it's just a regular garage? I call my garage a shop all the time because I have all the tools a shop does. And maybe the doors weren't in his budget...I think he said somewhere that it cost way more than expected. Or maybe his equipment isn't that tall.

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

The shop is 44 feet x 32 feet. with a 14' x 44' loft upstairs. The average 2 car garage is 20x 20. A decent size 2 car garage is 24x24. Why all the criticism. It looks like a great space to me.

9. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

Place looks pretty nice daniel. Do you have any inside photos of the shop?

10. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

He wont show them now that its done. Probably because its not his shop and its his parents garage!