The New Shop

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Daniel's Lawn Care, Nov 16, 2009.

1. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

asome work daniel !!!!,
    did you remove the trees or did someone else ? also is that crew cab chevy yours ? or will you buy another gmc ?, really good job !!!!

2. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The shop is on my parents property and it is more like half family garage and half business workshop. We sub'ed the tree removal, stump grinding, and the foundation laying, but I will take it from there. They are paying for all the work we sub'ed out and the materials. I am building it and furnishing the workshop.

No, this is my work truck. But I am looking at a '95 Chevy Kodiak 6spd 16' dump truck. It has 174,000 miles on it and they are asking $9,950.

Image181_s.jpg

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

thats gonna be nice when its finnished

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

they are called trench footings for a reason deeeeeeerrrrrr :hammerhead:

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I still don't get trenched footings? You see some around here but everything that is within code needs to be froist free and formed mininal 4 but exceptable 6 inch - spread footings need to be 12 in - up to 24 inches wide x 8 - 12 deep. Alot of cement in the ground and alot of backfill. But if it works for ya - I guess.

6. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

going to be nice little shop

7. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

You can trench a footing and be code legal as long as the trench is the minimum width required for the structure and has the proper frost depth, if applicable. As an inspector myself, I was curious if the footing was stair-stepped and if so, why? We usually only see this with poured walls and sloping terrain.

8. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The code on footings are going to change depending on where you are. Here in Central Virginia we have mostly clay soil (see pictures). Code says that the footer needs to be a minimum of 16" wide and 4" or 6" deep (I can't remember which). The footer for the garage is 24" wide and 6" deep. As I said earlier, due to the slope there are a total of 12 stair steps in the footer. Here are some pictures of the block laying today.

IMG_1859_s.jpg

IMG_1870_s.jpg

IMG_1879_s.jpg

IMG_1886_s.jpg

9. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

hey daniel,
    are you gonna buy another grandstand ? they seem like asome mowers, I will be buyinng one next year, but I've heard though that they have issues collecting leaves. Does yours do that two ?

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Against code here. Everything has to be formed and our footings are at a min of 42" deep.