The new Super Z Any updates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by HenryB, Feb 12, 2012.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Wondering how there holding up? New deck Hydro system? Look impressive on paper. Any real world users?

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a whooping 20hrs on mine so far, but they havent been easy hours.
    Hydros are awesome, deck gets long damp grass out but unsure of clipping dispersal as have only cut one place with "normal" length dry grass. Seemed to work well though.
    The 37 uses a lot of fuel but can get through heavy growth quickly.
    I have flex fork and the juries still out on them. They can bounce, cause some scalping and terracing on slopes. They are optional though!
    Hate the fuel tank, the ROPS is unusable (hinge is too high and juts out too far.)

But the machine drives awesome, seems to cut well all things considered at the moment here.
    Photos. ("week later" is normal length grass, lots of previous weeks clippings on top, but few clumps) There is a vid of that job as well.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/110349...authkey=Gv1sRgCMKb4L6f3_-lggE&feat=directlink

Once it dries out properly I'll get a better idea of cut. Had storms last 2 days so its been a bit of a nightmare.
    My daughter took these photos Sunday. They had to drive straight into it!

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Man, that's some seriously wicked looking skies Mick. Get any hail outta that?

Is your daughter practicing to be on Stormchasers here in the US? LOL

5. Mickhippy

I was at home when it hit, its basically right over my head in the pic. Strong winds, HEAVY rain but thankfully no hail. Had another not so bad storm yesterday as well. Another storm today there saying. Im over it! Just keeping everything wet!

My daughter doesnt get chased by storms, she runs head long into them! haaa

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

do the flex forks let it lean down on hills?

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

LOL, that's what the show Stormchasers is all about- several guys chasing down severe storms, then running headlong into them to film them. She'd be a natural.:laugh:

8. Mickhippy

No problem going up/down, its across the slope they terrace. But, I dont know if normal forks do that as well. I would guess, not so much.

Ridin", seen the show. Ive ssen them running from iddy biddy twisters! Pussies! :dizzy: haa

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Ouch!! LOL

I didn't know if you all could see that show down there or not. I'm just waiting for the one where they finally all get wisked off to OZ.:waving:

10. Mickhippy

We get most of your shows here these days, for better or worse!