The new Super Z Any updates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by HenryB, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a ? for you guy's about the new Super,would it be possible with mods to mount the new bigger blade spindle on a XR 7 ? and how much work would it take. I want to update my SZ's a little bit but do not want to buy new ones.

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

forgot to say that's one good thing about the cheetah. it holds 15 gallons of gas!

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I had to take what the rep was allowed to offer, my choice to really see how much guts the 37 Kawi has would have been the 72".

4. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you having spindle problems? What would be the benefit to install the newer style spindle?

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think that they would work. But I'm not totally sure.

They are a more robust spindle with a thicker shaft and bottom bearing closer to the plane of cut.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Realslowww

if you buy one demo a 72, I will never buy another 60 and will go from a 48-52 skip 60 and just go 72. Your 66 should be 15% faster than a 60 and a 72 15% faster than your 66.

7. Realslowww

The stock spindle on a XR7 Super is a 3/4 inches the new one is 1 inch. The 3/4 are fine until you hit something solid but thet are a 5 minute job to replace and cheap so they are still pretty good. I do alot of industrial jobs so I need heavy duty spindles.

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

According the my 2012 Hustler catalog, the new spindle shafts are 1.5". That's a seriously stout spindle shaft.

9. Realslowww

maybe the stock spindle is 1 inch

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well now, in this Hustler video (the little thumbnail on the right in the group of four to the left), the guy says they are 1.25", not 1.5". It's at the 4:38 mark where he starts talking about the new spindle-

http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/super-z.html