The new Super Z Any updates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by HenryB, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

If its the fan, I would of had problems ages ago. The new battery only lasted a few hours.
    Second last job last week I could tell it was going flat. Last job it really struggled to get started, but it did. Half way through the job the blades stopped. I loaded onto trailer (incase I couldnt get it going again) and checked fuses. They were fine but no way was the engine starting again.
    Went to mechanic and started right up with a jump start.

Ive had to replace an exhaust on a older machine. Had one welded up on last machine.
    Where the pipe splits into 2, the crack is on one of those pipes where its welded onto the exhaust "stack" or what ever its called!
  2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

How much voltage is the charging system producing? I suppose the newly installed battery was fully charged, if not this can cause an inferior reading when checking the charging system output. Hustler is working on installing a larger charging system for the fact the Kawasaki DFI cannot be implemented until more voltage is produced, or at least that is what I was told.
  3. Mickhippy

It seems the wire that charges the battery was a bit loose and had gunk in the connector. Im hoping its ok now as it worked hard yesterday and battery still held 13v when tested after.
    Since its getting charge, if it happens again it could be the clutch drawing to much power.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like that was your problem. Glad to hear!
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Hustler says they are working on implementing a stronger charging system; so hopefully the DFI can be added to their engine lineup. I told my dealer if the DFI was brought on line I would trade my mower, which only has 25 hrs. for a new one with fuel injection.
  6. Mickhippy

Ive read that but for me its too little, too late! I doubt I'd get another SZ now. Bad discharge has come back to haunt me. I can cut a lot of long grass very quickly (and getting expected results) but Im getting windrows and clumping even going very slowly on "normal" length grass.

I bought myself a cheap multimeter and tested the charge lead.
    Batt at high revs 12.5v. Pushed/firmed the charge lead connector to the regulator and batt went up to 13.5v. So my monies on the connector coming loose.
  7. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

I'm surprised that you don't have more trouble with equipment than you do.....being that everything is "upside down" the way it is! :confused::rolleyes:
  8. Mickhippy

OMG, thats the funniest sh!t Ive ever heard................... NOT!:hammerhead:

Our fuel pumps are bigger than yours!:cool2:
  9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Sorry 'bout all the problems Mick. It just flat sucks.

What do ya think ya may wanna try for your next Z?
  10. Mickhippy

Im stuck with this for a few years but "IF" I get another machine, from what I have to choose from right now, probably a Scag TT with the 35 Briggs. In hindsight, I should of got the Scag this time but I wanted a better right and hydros.
    Biggest problem is dealers. Only good one I know is a Scag dealer!

To be honest, I just dont know. If I got offered a job somewhere, I'd probably take it.
    Im pretty much over dealing with weather, machinery and azzhole customers! Just been a hard few months mate, its wearing me down!