The new Super Z Any updates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by HenryB, Feb 12, 2012.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i think you need to weld a triangular baffle at the same angle as the edge of the boxed area. see pic in blue.

i think the other pic shows what is happening with no baffle. that's the only thing i can see that would be happening. again i'm no expert but my brother and cousin are engineers. :laugh:

untitled.png

gg.png

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Green- look at post 336. Ignore the Deere deck because it doesn't have one, but look at the other two decks, See that angular baffle Jason circled? That's what you guys need to add. Mick's appears to go in more or less perpendicular to the chute instead of angled forward like these two are. It not only goes in and forwards, but tapers up to the top of the deck towards the end that goes towards the center.

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah ridin' see's what i'm talking about. look at the other decks how they all have a baffle there to keep clippings from being recirculated back into the deck.

the deere one is smaller than all of the others but it's still there. they must have better airflow going outward or something that the other decks don't have.

4. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

You might be right. This is basically what Mickhippy has done, maybe it needs some tweaking. Hustler should be putting all their time and effort into making that up or they should already have one of those available, im assuming they dont?

heres a picture showing the major difference between the XR7 deck & VX4. theres no boxing at all on XR7

XR7 deck VX4.JPG

XR7 deck VX4.JPG

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Green-
    Go to this page and take a scroll down to the drawing of the V+ deck and all the explanations that go with each letter. It shows this baffle, and explains why it is needed and what it is for-
    http://www.scag.com/velocityplus.html

6. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Jason and Ridin, I will see how I go might attempt to make something up.

Ill do some research, thanks for the link riding, will look over it.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

xr7 is missing the baffle too so it may have a few problems as well i dunno.

XR7.jpg

8. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

After reading this entire thread, I am thoroughly convinced that the best cutting deck I have ever used was the 52" on my residential cub cadet zero turn 7 years ago. Nobody makes true tunnels anymore, or rounded chambers for the blades.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

This is Snapper Pro's top of the line machine. Look at the upper rear corner of the deck. See that angled baffle?

snapper pro ICD.jpg

10. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I hate how they bolt in different pieces...makes for perfect spots for grass to sit and rot, and rust out your deck.