The new Super Z Any updates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by HenryB, Feb 12, 2012.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

2. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! Nice belt grinder. I wonder if it scrapes the bottom of your deck of too?!:) I'm using a Neary blade sharpener with a 28 grit stone and was considering dropping the jack for a Magnamatic but this has me interested. How much for this little number? Thanks for the info.

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Been hearing a squealing sound coming from down near the clutch last few weeks, mainly on start up but it would quieten down after it warmed up. Turns out the idler arm pivot point was starting to seize. Ive found it difficult to get grease in there from the start but always got some in, but not enough. Always enough for it to start coming out but obviously didnt coat the entire insides. Some moisture got in and it started rusting.

Just putting it out there to keep an eye on it is all!

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

This is disappointing Mick. Here I thought they addressed the entire spectrum of idler issues. Still beats the old style by a mile!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Never had a problem with the older style.

I really dont know why it happened, it always got greased with everything else.
    One thing I learnt was you need a 1/2" ratchet or maybe a small breaker bar to pull on the idler so as to get the belt onto the pulley. When I got the machine home I put it up on ramps and had a go at it, seemed easy enough but out in the field may be a different story.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I went through 2 idler arms and the bolt (stupid design) will eventually need to be cut out and replaced/re-welded. The idler pulley was tilted due to this wear. Not my problem any more!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Yes..........Got it last December. Going to start a sharpening business. It works just like in the video.

8. gene gls

My unit was just under $2200.00.

9. gene gls

Did you get rid of your Hustler?

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

He posted in one of these threads that he sold it right away.:)