The new Super Z Any updates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by HenryB, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I'll just be happy to see the 2-2.5" of snow we got last night melt! No mowing here for quite some time this year it looks like.:rolleyes:

2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

That sucks! When does your season generally start?

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

The grass is starting to need mowing any time from mid April to the start of May here depending on the temps we get. Usually the first week or two of May the grass actually needs cutting, not just when everyone who does this for a living here gets started whether or not it needs it.

4. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

God was providing cover from Satan.

5. Mickhippy

Things can change quickly here. 30'c one day, 25 the next. Dry to soaked over night!
    You never know mate, things might warm up before you know it! For your sake, I hope they do!

6. Mickhippy

So, life giving sun is Satan, the earth with terrible people on it is god, whats the moon then?

Edit, dont actually answer that! hehe

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I'm hear all that!

I had a 100+ year old oak come down yesterday morning while we were getting some 50+ mph winds. It has been leaning for about a year now. I'm going to cut it up tomorrow or Thursday, so it's something to do. It's a good sized SOB, so lots of wood in it. Nice long, straight trunk, but no way to get it out in one long piece to sell to a mill. Bummer.

8. Mickhippy

Cant find a mobile miller? Sounds like a candidate for slabbing! Shame to waste that kind of wood!

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

It's on my property, but on the other side of a fence at the back end on a small strip of land between the fence and the swamp, and no way for anyone to get even a portable mill back to it.

10. Mickhippy

Bugger! Didnt you have another one come down last year, or was that on a job?