1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The new trailer is in...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ochosdaddy, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ochosdaddy

ochosdaddy LawnSite Member

I decided to take a chance at the solid side trailer system. I think it'll work out fine.

Lists for $2782 as pictured and a spare tire. I worked magic and got it for $2213. Opted for the radial tire upgrade, extra $28 per tire, but should far outlive the cheap bias tires these trailers come stock with. Brakes on both axles, break away switch too. One of these days I'll finally put the trailer into service...

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations, looks very nice !!
  3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Congarts.looks real sharp man.
  4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice trailer, I think the fenders are mounted a little high but that is for sure a nice trailer. I would love something like that.
  5. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

nice trailer. How long is that?
  6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Sexy for sure. Something that shiny needs to get some dirt on it.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

def has ALOT of wheel gap looks alittle goofy like that.
  8. ROC lawn and landscapes

ROC lawn and landscapes LawnSite Member

Hey let me know how that works out for ya. The company that builds those is 10 minutes from my home town. They used to own H&H trailers and they went under. They just started up again as hull trailers. I am just wondering about the qaulity. The price is right tho.
  9. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

It looks nice, but it looks like it sits kind of high and the rear gate is short. If you are going to be loading mowers they may get hung up.
  10. ochosdaddy

ochosdaddy LawnSite Member

I figured they had some sorta affiliation with H&H. I also wonder about Doolittle? Anyhow, quality seems pretty good, but I would have liked to have seen heavier gauge angle iron used for the cross members, but what's there should work fine.

And yes, the ramp is a bit short. I'll craft an extension, just as I had to do on my other open trailer. Not really a big deal.