1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The new Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bobcat_ron, Jun 6, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Just picked it up today:

It rides real nice, it needs some more room in town for corners, but we all drive like idiots here anyways, so I'll fit right in.
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Very Nice!!!
  3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

ho long is it? 18'?
  4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Now you can go make a few trips across the Patullo to give you some practice or take some sunday drives around Richmond :laugh:
  5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice Trailer
  6. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Wow nice buy
  7. bobcat_ron

It's a 21 foot deck, flip the ramps up and gain another 5 feet, 20,000 pound max. capacity, empty weight is 6100 pounds, so it's only 2100 pounds heavier than my old tilt deck.

After trade in (-$3500) with taxes and other fees, I paid $7200 and change.
    Bobcat Country was going to make a deal with me on a Big Tow Trailer, but they are treating me like sh*t right now, so I took my money up the road.

It's really hard to steal (or borrow) this trailer, I have a reverse King pin set up, the pin is in a pop-up sleeve in the deck and the jaw is on the trailer, around here, everyone either uses a 5/16 ball or a traditional King pin system, I am backward ass, besides, this system is rated for 32,000 pounds, I can literally hang the truck and loaded trailer and not snap the pin.
  8. bobcat_ron

I had it all loaded up yesterday, feels really nice on the highway and it handles like a dream.

The Inverted King pin hitch, backing up to is soooooo easy, just get the trailer sides in line with the side of the truck in the mirror and the jaws self align everything and lock when you hit the sweet spot, unlike a ball mount where you are always too far off!

At the end of this month, my welder will be putting "legs" under the ramps, when you load a machine on and if the truck is really light, the trailer will pick the truck off the ground, and if you are on an incline.......OH SH*T!!!!
  9. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

im liking that inverted king pin, are they a pain to unhook when loaded?
  10. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

I have a stupid question to ask, I know what a gooseneck hitch is and a fifth wheel hitch is, but which one is better overall. Is one better for hooking up, can one handle more weight? Are gooseneck hitches better because they dont take up space in the truck bed? Thanks