The new Turf Tiger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Apr 7, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The new Turf Tiger is still doing great. The deck is excellent on thick or wet grass and I have lower the rpm's on the 31 Briggs a few times in the thick stuff but not much. I am amazed but I have checked the fuel usage twice and its using no more than my 27 Kohler or about 1.25 gallons per hour. Hard for me to believe but its early in the year but some of the grass is really thick and I'm cutting it low 3". Heres a few pic's

scag 017.jpg

scag 019.jpg

scag 021.jpg

scag 023.jpg

scag 025.jpg

2. tacoma200

More Pictures, Scag It has not clumped one time yet......

scag 026.jpg

scag 015.jpg

3. scagtiger

scagtiger LawnSite Member
    from TN

I love my new tiger as well... its only 27hp but it still does awesome in thick and wet grass... wouldnt have anyother mower.... mine is using right about 1 gallon per hour

4. MANOFSTIHL

MANOFSTIHL LawnSite Member

Are you sure that is a 31 hp engine on your Turf Tiger? The only 31 hp Briggs I remember was used on the Saber Tooth Tiger and it was an inline 3 cylinder gas or diesel.
    27 hp Kohler also great engine. Proven in the field. new accelerator pump helps in the thick sh!t without wasting fuel...
    You can't go wrong with the Turf Tiger. Best frame and deck in the industry. Easiest engine configuration to service. I know you guys will be happy with your machines. BTW, are you using standard blades or mulch blades. I've heard a lot of guys like the Eliminator mulch blades by Scag.
    Tacoma can you post a pic of your engine? You've got me curious...

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought tt had a air or lc 35 horse gas,and saber had a 31 diesel,saber's are a thing of the past.

6. scagtiger

scagtiger LawnSite Member
    from TN

Ive been thinkin about tryin some of the eliminator mulch blades... anyone have any experience with these?

7. tacoma200

For some reason Scag or the dealers are putting the newer Velocity deck on new but pre 06 mowers to move them. I emailed Scag and this is an 05 Scag (built in 04) with an 06 Velocity plus deck. I'm using stock blades 482879 which seem to be high lifts. I'm not sure why Scag or the dealer done this for sure but the distributor has agreed to update my Rops and Suspension seat to closer match the 06 model. I have the solid Rops which are off right now. I'm sure this is why I got the mower for $8,500 new instead of the $10,400 that other dealers were asking around here. I runs great, cuts great, and they seem to be trying to make sure I'm happy with the purchase. I have been told by two Scag owners to Keep the standard high back seat it has. They say they like it better than the full suspension seat. I may keep both just to make sure. I'm waiting on the suspension seat and foldable rop's to arrive, they are back ordered. Scag is going to pick up the mower at my home, install the new rops and suspension seat and service it free of charge while lending me a mower to use. So I can't complain so far. It took a while to figure out why it had a 31 gas and looked like an 05 but apparently I have an 05/06 hybrid. It is definitely a 31 hp gas powered Vanguard. They now offer a 35.

Vanguard 006.jpg

Vanguard 008.jpg

Vanguard 002.jpg