the new z trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bridges, Sep 19, 2001.

1. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

Does any have the new z trimmer that is in the turf magazine?

If so how do you like? And if not what do you think? I had thought of something like that about ten years. Just looking to get the job done faster.

2. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I question this product, looks as though it could be great on some large commercial properties, but at the same time i really wonder how well it works? Is it variable speed? And remember any problem with that unit and you have just cut into your mowing production screwing with that to repair it. ITs one of thoses things where it needs to be on the market a while before i try it. I like to hear others opinions to see how well it works, i dont want to be the guinee pig. =)

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Gimmick.:rolleyes:

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i can trim safer with the trim side of my lazer. if im trimming
    areas thatreally need a trimmer, i can trim around a small tree while im walking past it.i think this machine could be learned
    but a lot plants etc gonna suffer . still dont see it as a better idea. please excuse the jumbled ideas, u get the idea:)

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The concept is good, but I'm like Guntruck, it needs to be around for a while before I put down cash for it. I've actually been thinking of the trimmer holder for the Lazer. I have a few bigger properties that would be nice to stop the Z and trim around a tree and keep going.

6. Husqman

Husqman LawnSite Member

I would think it would be pretty awsome for mowing cemetarys.

7. www.lawnvac.com

That's Peco's web site. I saw 2 of them at the Expo. It would be a good idea but you will still have to get out and trim. So I think It would be wortless. It would be just like taking your mower up to the edga of a flower bed with bricks lining it and you still can't get the grass that's growing over the bricks.

LGF:blob1:

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

yeh, i too can see if you have a cememtery and need to trim a straight line of gravestones, it would save a lot of time, but dont think its as useful on residentials and commercials that have hills and many turns.

9. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a cumbersome, useless P.O.S. to me. I believe that thing would be more trouble than it is worth! It's amazing how some companies trip all over themselves to get a product to market. Something, anything as long as it's out there, SOMEONE will buy it.