The next two months are going to be the longest in my life

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ccstrebe, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

I just placed my order for a 297C and they said 7 to 8 weeks before delivery.

Its going to be hell waiting that long.

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I just waited 35 days for a Bobcat. Was told that the hand controls were the problem at the factory.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing like getting a machine just as winter hits, then again you are in my old stomping grounds of Arizona and depending where you are, winter can be the finest time of the year there......Up here we just get cabin fever and go snowblind.

4. ccstrebe

Just the opposite here. I use it from Sept. to June and put it up for the summer, too hot to be outside unless we're at the river in the boat.

5. RockSet N' Grade

And here I was worried about you because of the title of your thread........thought your girlfriend was prego or something :) :)

6. RockSet N' Grade

Where in Az are ya?

7. ccstrebe

Way down south in Yuma.

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Oh crap, that sucks, now I bet you had done this 2 months ago right?

9. Nel-Martin

Nel-Martin LawnSite Member
    from ON

how good can a 247 pull bobcat ron ?

10. ccstrebe

Two months ago I didn't know about Cat and wasn't really looking for a new machine but I finally got fed up with all the short commings on this 450ct and started looking to see what was out there. I was going to go with the new Case until I found out about Cats.

I might have to take pictures and post them like you did, of them hauling away my Case when they bring me the Cat. I can't get rid of it soon enough.

You want to know how rough the Case ride is. The ac units metal mounting tabs ripped right out of the casing and was flopping around. Besides the belly pan filling up with dirt faster than I could keep up with it, and the ac not cooling like it should, that was the last straw.