The nightmare is over

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I quit my restaurant job today, I gave them a full 2 weeks notice but with my apprenticeship training starting on the 28th, I requested to go down to weekends only after the 28th. As of today, I have 4 more shifts left. The nightmare is over.

2. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

sweet dude good luck,a job is a job,but i couldn't deal with the public all the time like that.way to make things happen!

3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Good...you did it the right way....:drinkup:

4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations Scagg, now you will be moving on to bigger and better paying things.!

5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

shoot, no more hot waitress stories :)

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You are not going to want to work after doing 5 days of school you don't want to get burn out.

Too bad you couldn't get some kind of educational funding to help pay for the expenses.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The only good thing about quitting a job with a fair amount of attactive women who are somewhat endowed, if you know what I'm saying, is all the hugs you get once they find out you're leaving. Hahaha. I'm so bad.

In all honesty, I have a lot of friends there, but even that with a promotion to full time serving isn't enough to keep me there. I trained to serve one day per week for the last couple weeks and killed, I handled myself pretty well and can't figure out how the mistakes my co-workers make when they've been serving for at least a year or more, it flat out amazes me. It's not rocket science, it really isn't. I had one guy that I work with tell me tonight that I was throwing away an opportunity to serve by leaving, some people just don't understand what it means to have goals or any self worth. I almost laughed at him, serving an opportunity? Only if that's all I could possibly do with my life. I didn't even waste my breath trying to explain that running around in a restaurant actually WASN'T my first career choice.

For the last year, I've been working more with the kitchen side of things, I coordinate where all the food goes, handle any guest and/or server issues through the line lead. It's incredibly stressful, I'm working back of the house and front of the house as the same time, really puts a kink in your chain real fast. I've become more acquainted with the back of the house staff and they've assured me that I will get one hell of a practical joke played on me before I'm out on Tuesday. I'm actually fairly nervous, one of my buddies in the back today was browning Creme Bruele in the back with a blow torch and thought it would be funny to let it come into contact with my leg. The cooks are out of control.

I just get wound too tight working with a good majority of the FOH employees who don't know what they're doing and never learn. I get hassled by management that I complain too much, I guess I just care too much about trying to get things done right that it's impossible for me to not get pissed off when someone can't perform. I guess that's going to happen no matter where you work, the only difference is that you don't have time to stop whoever is screwing stuff up to tell them they're being a moron, by the time you do, you're already behind. 2 minutes in a restaurant seems like an eternity, it's just too damn fast paced for me, I just don't like flying around at the speed of low flying aircraft for 4 hours then going home and stewing about how crappy my shift was. Alright, enough rant, but for damn sure if I ever have kids, they'll be doing food service for at least 6 months. I've seen some ridiculous stuff in the last 2.5 years, I'm glad for it to be over.