The nut job from the show Ax Men showed up at my house this afternoon.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by fool32696, May 22, 2010.

1. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

So... I have this old pontoon boat for sale and this guy calls me this morning on my craigslist ad. If you've seen the show you know how slow this guy is. It took 3 phone calls to explain to him how to get to my house. He gets out of the truck and I immediately recognize him as the dad with S & S aqua logging. He tells me that he's looking to set up another crew in Louisiana and needs another pontoon boat. I'm only asking $1700 for my old boat and he leaves saying he's got to scrape together another $500 and it may be Monday before he can do it. He was wearing an S & S shirt and introduced himself as Jim Smith. Interesting Saturday.

2. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Haha thats great.... Is really is a nut to...

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

should have told him to find another line of work! he wont make it in Louisiana

4. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

I just watched the third season. The guy is a joke, for washington's sake though I'm glad they got rid of him.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The way logging is in the USA those guys are working on very little profit and old logging techniques. The trucks barely haul any wood on each load and old equipment. The safety practices are deplorable no way you could get away with that here.

Those shows are made for TV with too much d*mn drama for tv ratings.

Deadliest Catch is the only show that doesn't have the over done drama.

6. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say American Loggers and Swamp Loggers seem to be less drama as well. AxMen went down hill.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I liked watching the show with the French loggers from Maine I think it was Maine.

Nothing is as bad as American Choppers the next inline was American Hot Rod.

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Bobby Goodson is the man!