The Official "What were they thinking?" Game!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Nov 23, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

and here's your host, greenworldh20!!!

well, i am kicking it off...the new game on lawnsite...

here is the first submission. now, honestly, 'what were they thinking?' (or maybe they weren't).:nono:

sideways backflow.jpg

2. greenworldh20

they were trying to save a fitting...the install tech forgot an elbow...the boss always did it this way...the 'plumber' thought that if there WAS a backflow on the system, it would work...the plumber got sick and his side kick got forced into this project...

brian:nono:

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen one like that!! Told them it didn't meet code and needed fixing. They said no, it works just fine. I doubt they know how it actually works?

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

yeh its sideways, but im looking at the hose bib.... why put one on the pipe riser, when theres one on the side of the house 1ft away??

5. greenworldh20

koster,

it is there for winterization...easier than pulling out the pvc plug every season...so much quicker.

brian:D

6. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Boy that is sure a fine masterpiece. This just goes to show why our indusrty needs some standards.
    Thanks for sharing the photo.

Mike
    NW Shades Of Green

7. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know about your area, but down here we have a plumbing code to cover that.

That's a picture of genuine quality sprinkler system scrub (hope no one's looking) work.

8. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Man now I know why your help refuses to speak English, Not because they cant, but because they just dont want to talk to You....After reading this I know you must have all the answers.

9. greenworldh20

?

10. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

I see the controller wires are being run into the house, rather than the garage. A classic example of a homeowner who thought he could install his own system.
    My quess is that the homeowner did not know any better, I would be suprised to hear that this was installed by a professional contractor.
    Wonder what the rest of the system looks like?