The oil boyz are at it again

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by topsites, Jul 8, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

OPEC - Oilmen Pocketing Extra Cash!!!

This in recent news:
    New record high, 75+ a barrel, woohoo!
    The crude price rises came amid worries that supply could be hit by continuing disputes over nuclear research in Iran, which is the world's fourth largest oil exporter. (hey, a new excuse!)

Missile tests in North Korea and instability in Nigeria have also sparked concern as demand for petrol gathers pace ahead of the US holiday season. (we must admit, they're getting good at it)

But such a shift may be affected by the imminent arrival of the US hurricane season, which last year wrought havoc in the oil-producing southern states. (thought we'd mention this sos, just in case)

Other Notes
    They forgot to mention:
    - Lack of sufficient refineries.
    - China's booming demand.
    - The continued decline of supply in the Alaskan pipeline.
    - If we could only figure out how to get bird flu in there, that ought to work.
  2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

oil and gas prices make me wanna puke!!!!!! they got us all by the balls:cry:
  3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

And problem is, no matter how tight i close my eyes and try to imagine, it's still an ugly woman.. so I can get no pleasure from it.
  4. PerennialSuccess

PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member

But hey, it's W's fault right!??? :rolleyes:

Just waiting for the blame the president post.
  5. CBramble

CBramble LawnSite Member

Everyone is always blaming the oil companies, maybe we should put some blame on the government since gas is heavily taxed. Anyone know exactly how much? I can't imagine it being a few cents either....:hammerhead:

*Edit found the answer....
  6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Yeah, I blame the gov't. We are the highest taxed state at 32.1 cents per a gallon. The gov't makes more $ off the gas than the oil companies do.

I just filled up... $3.25 / gallon. :dizzy:
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

What I dislike is every time someone even thinks of looking the wrong way, they use this as a reason to hike the prices, that's what I get so tired of. Everything else I'm basically ok with, but this feeding me the bull all the time.
  8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I drive past Dalwali (sp?) Enterprises to get to some of my accounts. He owns upwards of 100 gas stations in WI. Lets say he is MAKING THE MONEY. He has driven a Rolls Royce phantom to work, several Ferrari's, a maybach and a couple other Mercede's and BMW's (parks outside). He went out of town and let his $400,000 Rolls Royce sit outside in the ran and hail for a week (limo driver takes him to the airport). I wanted to steal that beast sooo bad....:dancing:
  9. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

everyone stop crying bout gas prices if you where head of exxon and your staff says lets raise the price and make 8 billion profit this year.. no one will say no

everyone complaining needs to realiZe Owning and driving an automobile is a luxury if the gas prices are up and hurting your pocket dont drive

and on the final note if a dollar more a gallon is hurting your landscaping business you are doing something wrong and need to restructure or using way to much un necessary equipment.... the breakdown off how much more im spending on each lawn due to gas is pennies and dont charge any surchages
  10. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

forgot to say u think u got it bad for every penny a gallon goes up the airlines are losing 200 million a year