The only person that cares about stripes is the LCO.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Mar 20, 2007.

?

The only person that cares about stripes is the LCO

1. Definitely true

71 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. False

38 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Only a few of my customers care about stripes

121 vote(s)
    50.8%
  4. If the lawn don't have stripes, I'm fired!

8 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Do you feel that statement is true or false?

I'll make it into a poll.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I'll go first. I think striping is over-rated, and in 9 years in business no one has ever called up for an estimate, met with us, and said, "you do stripe don't you?"

Yes, we take care to keep straight lines, and on certain grasses, especially the ones that are cut at 4 inches, there will be very nice stripe. However, I don't think the customer even notices.

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

I just can't stand NOT seeing those nice stripes.

5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like stripes, and if you got some going and they get messed up, it drives me F'ing crazy!:dizzy: :dizzy:

6. Young Lawn Boy

Young Lawn Boy LawnSite Member

ya i can't drive away from a job without knowing that i just made some hella striped...i dont care if the customer doesnt like them. i do and chances are people will look at them while driving by

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Stripes have a time and place, but if they aren't needed or my customers don't care and it's not in a highly viewed location like on a busy street, then I don't waste the time (yes, it does waste time). There are several mowing methods that are faster than down and back striping.

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I often can't leave a lawn without having the perfect stripes sometime i'll zip back over it if i'm not pleased with the results. Customers also comment on the lawn and stripes so some of them do care but I'm propably more picky.

9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Stripes or not is usually not a big deal.

Crooked stripes or not is a huge deal. That makes a yard look like it was cut by the kid down the street.:)

10. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i think im much more picky about lines being perfectly straight. some customers have asked for them