The only reason I cut grass.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ConPro, Apr 24, 2003.

1. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

I cut over 200 lawns a week. The only reason I cut them is to get their side work. Mulch, fertilizer, plantings, cleanups. These are the only jobs that make good money. Mulch, wheel barrow, shovel, charge $85 a yard. Grass, you got gas, then insurance, then equiptment maintenance, then low ballers, then etc. If you want to make good money, do the extras.

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

200 lawns is a lot of lawns. how many crews and mowers do you run? I do agree that the extras bring in a big part of the money. my fall/spring cleanup is where i make it big.

3. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Damn,200 lawns,you couldn't pay me to cut that many lawns! :D

4. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'd love to know how big these properties are. Do you have any commercial contracts?

5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

OK....................

6. hoffmanlandscaping

hoffmanlandscaping LawnSite Member

I agree with you 100%. I started in mowing just to get my name out their and the quality work I do plus it helped to pay for a mower to mow my own yard. But my main goal is to build up enough of a clientel and do mainly all landscaping. You have to start somewhere.

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I mow 60 lawns a week just for the landscaping also. Over the years I have aquired 60 accounts that are so full service it keeps 3 people busy 50-60 hours a week. If it were up to me I wouldnt do any mowing at all.....too much expense and headache for the money!

8. fastrunner

fastrunner LawnSite Member

if you are mowing over 200 lawns a week i think you would realize that you dont have any time for those side jobs... nice try though.

9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

How do you know he doesn't have 3 or more crews working these lawns. 4 two man crews can knock out those yards in a few days. If they are under 12,000 sq ft. or some larger properties mixed in with a bunch of smaller properties.

So 3 days cutting and 2 or 3 days doing other jobs. What's so unbelievable?

10. patsfan

patsfan LawnSite Member

it s a cemetery right mulch flowers sod