The Only way to make money in Mowing in Residential is!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greatdane612002, Apr 30, 2003.

What do you think?

1. Yeah that's very true!!!!

41 vote(s)
  2. No! Commercials the way too go!!!

19 vote(s)
  1. greatdane612002

greatdane612002 LawnSite Member

The by far the best way to make money is have a bunch of accounts in one stop!!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I vote for both?? I have a cluster of commercial accounts.:confused: :confused:
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are Commercial & Residential, commercial is where the steady check comes from but residentials (the good ones) are FULL of add on services which relates to a endless possibilities of $$$$$ We like both and thats why we have a commercial crew and a residential crew.
  4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

how about dont go with the flow and lowball everything in the world /today i bid a $50.00 lawn some a$$hole is doing it for $25.00 and she thought that was to high,the lady said i was looking for 20.00 and under when i told her $50.00 she said is that for the monthcome on the property is almost 12,000 sq ft.I consider this a great price i gave her.
  5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Did you mean:

The only way to make money is in residential.

Your statement the way you posed it:

The only way to make money in mowing in residential is....

leads me to believe you're looking for an answer to a question, but you posted a poll that has no answers to your question. Only statements that would validate your opinion that the only way to make money is in residential.

So, is that what you meant?

The way to make money in this business is not found in residential or commercial but in a balanced mix of both.
    Doing the best possible job every day every property and ALWAYS, ALWAYS sticking to your original price.
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

7. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I find much more loyalty with residentials. Seems like you get a good relationship w/ a commercial, and then they put some penny pincher in charge of the grounds maintenance. I swear they give these guys a bonus for saving the company money. ED
  8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I always like Green Pastures posts. He's very straightforward and always got you thinking. Anyway, I only do resdential clusters and I am doing well now so sure it works if you know what you are doing.
  9. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

I voted for residentials because I only have about 16 out of my 187 accounts are commercial. All the rest are residentials, and I nearly have each persons name memorized! Except for the six new ones we got last week, still cant remember thier names....

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

The ONLY way to make $$ in this business .... At least the Only Way I can Think of is ...... ??

"The Price Charge for a Job ==> MUST Be Greater Than the Cost to Perform the Job"

N That's IT!