1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

The original front caster lockdown

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by rookiemower, Apr 27, 2005.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

I not looking to start a war. but I have been thinking about this for so long and it bothers me. About one year ago i posted pictures of a front caster lockdown that i had made. Drive in, slide a pin in, and go. it was simple. Alot of members thought the idea was silly. But about 6 months later Mark from prolockers came out with his front caster lockdown. Now I AM NOT aiming this at Mark, and in NO WAY am i saying he stole my idea. His design is different and a bit better but many critisized my idea saying they did not want holes in there trailer floor, and that it was to bulky. When Prolockers came out they where praised; when i had the concept posted 6 months or more before mark ever started selling his. The thread is gone now because i actually asked Sean to delete so now one would steal the idea. I just had to write this when i went to my dealer the other day and saw a prolocker. The ideas never stop though and a few months from now i will blow you guys away with a new landscape inovation. This time its under wraps :cool2:

2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Keep those ideas churning, rookiemower !

Sounds like a tough break, but at least you learned to keep 'em under your hat until you protect them in the future.

Good luck!

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What else are you thinking about? I have a patent attorney sitting next to me. :waving:

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I remember the thread and the pics you included and thought it was a great IDEA !!! So great in fact that I made a few for myself :D Praise is great to get but cash is better next time spend the money on a patent or at least SELL your idea. I'll give you $25 for the next invention you come up with payup
    BTW- it was a great Idea and I do appreciate you posting it.

5. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Have that patent attorney pm me with his contact info. I may need his services. I want to fly him out to a job, immediately.

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You aren't the only one. I keep them busy for months with the stuff I got around here.