The Original Splitter, Where did it go?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitchgo, Apr 17, 2009.

1. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm trying to find information on the whereabouts of a product called The Original Splitter. We use to purchase them from JDL but they moved there building and for the last 2 months there building has been in complete chaos ( We even had to change suppliers because of all the mistakes). They can't find this item anymore and frankly they are not helping us much.

As you can see in the pictures it provides a website. www.Tek13inc.com which is out of service, when I google up Tek13inc I find one website http://camteksolutions.com/ that has very vague information about it. I did e-mail them about it but I haven't gotten a response.

Did this product get updated and replaced?

Also What splitter's / add-a- zones do you guys use? We are looking for the best bang for the buck

img009.jpg

101_0980.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Fax them, maybe.

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Try these guys out... www.irrigander.com They have some neat products that will let you run up to 8 valves on one hot wire. It is basically a encoder/decoder setup which transmits a signal on the hot wire at the zero point crossing of the 60hz AC sine wave. I've used them and they work really well. You can also get a similar product from the guys at Reeds Irrigation in Anaheim, CA. www.reedsirrigation.com but it looks like their site may be down right now. Anyhow... hope this helps!

4. Wet_Boots

I think Reed's might be gonzo.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

6. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  7. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

The "Doubler" does not require a unit installed at the controller so it is not the same as the "Splitter".

8. Add-a-zone over doubler any day. Irrigander supports our site and deserves first consideration.

9. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I would take the Add-A-Zone as well, but they are ( I believe) Around $100. Considering the others are lower the only time I would see using Add-A-zone is to add a Master Valve.

The doubler looks pretty interesting, and they supply it here around our distributors. Does anyone know the going rate for these?

I also like the pricing for Irrigander, even though I think a duck for the logo is a horrible idea. But this is a inventoried item and we have automatic re-ordering for our trucks. So to have to buy this and have it shipped would be a big pain

10. Wet_Boots

It's not a duck, you silly goose. It's a gander. IRRIGation expANDER :)