The Original Splitter, Where did it go?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitchgo, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I looked at those splitters early on doing up-grades, never used them and ran wire instead. On all my new systems, we ran a ton of spares.

2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I'd probably convert the system to two-wire if I needed to run 4 zones on one valve wire.

3. Mike Leary

Brings up a interesting question: could you convert SOME modules to two-wire and keep the others conventional, or would the fact you are sharing a common screw it up?

4. djt22

djt22 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

5. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

A bunch of crap that's never had field time to prove it's worth.:hammerhead:

6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I would convert the whole thing to two-wire. Just run the common on one side and connect all the hot wires to the other.
    I've looked into the Underhill two-wire products here locally but no one seems to carry it as a stock item.

7. Mike Leary

Over the years, I'm starting to think two-wire and MP Rotators are band-aids, just like splitters.

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

9. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I tried a doubler years ago because it would have required a driveway bore to do it right. It worked ok for awhile but became unpredictable. I ended up having to do the bore.

10. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Random to bring this thread back up.

After our local JDL finished moving they started selling these again.

We use The Original Splitter when it's not feasible to run new wire / and or there are no available spare wires.

We use Add-A-zone when installing a master valve when it's not feasible to run new wire from the controller.

I like the original splitter, its very easy to install.