the Pda thingy

Discussion in 'CLIP Software' started by turfmower, May 6, 2003.

1. turfmower

turfmower LawnSite Member

I talked to mark on phone he said to look at mindspring with palm OS costing about a buck 50. staples and circurt city didn't have that make. the had sony and palm in that price range and how much memory do i need?

2. DaveTucker

DaveTucker LawnSite Member

Any of the currently sold Palms will work. Memory is no longer an issue since they all come with more than enough.

If you have access to the internet (obviously you do since you are posting here) you should consider the CLIPConnect option. This allows you to record your work on your phone and it downloads to CLIP automatically. I believe that is where all of this is going and it is much easier to use since you do not need to synchronize with the palm itself. Everything is done wirelessly.

3. intiMOWdator

intiMOWdator LawnSite Member

I use erouter from clip. I just got qclip and run a handspring treo with it. Erouter is the software from clip that is installed onto a palm . Been using it since about 2.5 weeks now. I have had some problems but have has not been to big of a deal. The treo you can get from curcit city or best buy. It is a phone and palm combined. I have internet phone palm software with contact and reminders, color pictures, killer calculator, and other palm apps, all in one. Pretty nice.
    One piece of equipment to keep up with. My service is though sprint and have been really please with them. My wife and I share the plan which includes internet. The plan shared is cheaper than both of us with different carriers and has more min than I can imagine to use up. I have been real pleased with that as well. I can go to anywho look up someones address by the phone # and get driving directions in min. Also I get a reall picture of radar weather any time. About the erouter you just tap on start Job end job down load at the end of day been pretty nice to see job times driving times and avg @ mhr once done. One complait though it(software<erouter>)is not as great as there compation and have had problems with driving time # they cant be changed and have not been accurate. I have had times that am and pm change which screws up travel time and actual$?mhr. Any Questions just let me kn