The Perfect Lawn

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Smallaxe, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Busa Dave

Busa Dave LawnSite Member
    from DFW

I guess it all depends on what you consider to be acceptable turf performance. If there was a once a season turf food for the south it would be putting a lot of people out of business if it worked lol.. I fertilize 7 times a year but my release rate is dependent on moisture and temp. The great thing is when it gets really hot like it is now it will never burn even if there is some very slight water stress due to restrictions on outdoor watering.

It does smell like a feedlot sometimes when I put it down heavy !

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

First of all, you might notice my location.

Second of all, this has been used extensively in Florida, with excellent results, especially in the areas where there are fertilizer bans for parts of the year.

3. Grasssales2001

Grasssales2001 LawnSite Member

7 times a year? What product? How much fungicide and disease control do you sell? I'm in the south and I'm at a sod farm almost daily. I've never seen 7 apps of fert applied at the farm. Of course, most sod farms are interested in growing sod for a profit,not in how much money they can get from a homeowner with unnecessary apps.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Read about it...it's really pretty cool stuff. It's been used in golf courses and just now making it home lawns. It's release rate is dependent on temperature and irrigation just like your product.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

7 fert apps per season? Seriously? I guess if you spoon feed your customers lawns it's possible...but at some point it would be cost prohibitive to drive around everyday to fertilize lawns.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

I know how to use the search button just fine, thank you. When I post, I don't beat around the bush and then expect people to use the search button to get my answers. If I'm not using slow release, what am I using then?

7. Busa Dave

Busa Dave LawnSite Member
    from DFW

I will agree but to keep the turf in absolute optimum condition it requires a once a month feeding during the growing season. I use Milogranite applied heavier during the hot months but after 30 years of experimenting with every known product I could get my hand on went back to this. We put his on our golf green that we had in the backyard growing up.

Could get by with maybe 5 feedings but this works best in my area for this specific product.

8. Grasssales2001

Grasssales2001 LawnSite Member

How much do you charge your customers per app?