The PermaGreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Duramax99, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Is the Perma Green the best all around "application unit?" For fert, weeds, fungus??? Trying to set up my rig.

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

If you do a search, you will find more post on the PG than you can read in an hour, and will find some useful information there. IMO, the best all around unit is the Z-Spray, but PG has made some good progress in closing what was once a huge gap in the quality of their machine and their customer service relative to the Z-Spray. The best unit for you may not be the best unit for someone else. What size properties do you want to treat, how many do you have, what other application equipment do you already own, and how much $ can you spend? Answer these questions and you will no doubt get numerous responses that might help point you in the right direction.
  3. I bought a PG Ultra last year, and it serves me well. It does have some limitations though.

If you want to spray any products that require more then a quart per 10000 sq/ft, you will not be able to use the PG to spray them.

If you want to spray any product that requires agitation, you will not be able to use them.

The PG Magnum appears to address some of the complaints the Ultra and Centri models generated. I like the increased capacity and fuel tank redesign.

Hope that helps.
  4. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

I will be spraying mostly weed control, grub control, fungicides. Properties will range from 15,000 to 60,000 square feet. Is this going to be eaier than dragging a hose. I want to buy whatever is the best all around unit. My truck is a 2500HD.

5. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

You want be able 2 use the PG for fungus or insectide because of the water. You
    are not able to get enough water to get coverage. I use a granular insecticde
    like talstar.