The phone is ringing.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

This season is about to kick off. At least here in the panhandle of Florida. The phone is starting to ring and I am seeing more LCO's running the street. NOW is the time to start advertising hard! LET'S GET OUT THERE AND GET MORE BUSINESS!!!!
  2. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Wheres my damn logo? haha...jk

Yes, the phone is ringing. I landed a 270ft curb job, a 406 ft curb job, mulch, 2 palms, and some plants and also did another estimate. Doing another estimate in the morning.

And just picked up my lawn equipment and have 2 accts already that I start march 1st.
  3. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

start to get a little busy here to its been in the high 50's all week . i just got a request for mowing 69 acres been trying to decided if i can make a profit mowing it at $31 an acre .. part of me is saying to bid it.. the other part says throw it in the trash
  4. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

still slow in the NE but starting to pick up......

I don't need all the money.... just a little from everybody.....

Good luck and lets have a great year

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I know, it's taking a while. I will work on it this weekend. This week had been kind of busy. Yours is the first on the list for this weekend.
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm starting to get calls as well even though its still a little early around here.
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yep same here, weather is warming up and people are starting to think about it lol. I see yalls rate on bidding ...31 bux is about the same here....actually for multiple acres thats pretty good.....alot of time some one will bid around 22-25 on get it here. How much trimming??? blowing????

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Just did an estimate for 17 yd of mulch. I still have to tune up the equiptment.
  9. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah its here around the corner! Dang I hope this year is better! We are starting back in on the yr customers and odds and ins! Hey ed what is the going rate in your area for mulch/per yard spread! It is $55.00 here and we get it for around $14.00 per give or take! Went up again when i started 8 years ago it was $8.00!!!!!!

10. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

been busy up here in Fargo too. In the middle of plowing today, I had a customer tell me they I will be doing thier lawn also. gotta love it, its -40 windchill, and I am signing up lawn customerspayup