1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

The power of stihl

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by twin50, Jul 11, 2008.

1. twin50

twin50 LawnSite Member

This happened to me yesterday trimming along a fence sure didn't feel like I was complacent in the operating of my equipment....never thought something like this would happen. You better believe first aid kit won't be forgotten again. The tip was straight in abou View attachment injury.bmp t an inch.:cry:
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

that's w/ a string trimmer? or a blade on it? I did that w/ a blade & it went into my hand a few weeks ago. That was really the first time I had used the blade for any period of time. Now I wear a Stihl helmet w/ the shield when I'm cutting unknown areas.
  3. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

I sure hope you had safety glasses on!?
  4. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Holy #@%^&* thats impressive, did the weedeater line pick that metal up, i have had many objects thrown at my face nothing like that your very luck that did not hit a eye or go into your brain or a artery or vein.
  5. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

Could of happend to anybody. I mean how many accidents do we hear about on this site. How many mowers do you see going down the road. Dont forget saftey and dont forget to be careful.
  6. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

I'm glad you are o.k. But now you can hang out with the kids at the mall now. It's cool to walk around with metal stuck in your face.
  7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW, amazing. Glad you're ok. You appear to look pretty laid-back about it!!!
  8. twin50

twin50 LawnSite Member

Didn't really hurt going in but....when he pulled it out I am almost positive he have a tad bit of a twist. ;)
  9. Blauman074

Blauman074 LawnSite Member

holy sh@t! i use a stihl string trimmer for 75% of my day for about two years now and ive never had any problems like that! wow
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah my F.aid kit was running low and it was an original 'cheap' $20 or $25 one I found probably at Big Lots...
    It served its purpose very well but it had seen better days.

So I splurged this year got me the $50 Deluxe one, it's a very nice kit.
    Worth every penny, always keep it in the truck.