"the Power Top Dresser "

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Diamond Lawns, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

Does anyone own a "POWER TOP DRESSER" I am looking at buying one but I would like some feed back from a user the company hasn't provided me with.
    http://www.topdresser.ca/?Video

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

As they just started producing these, I doubt it. But I'm interested to know how it holds out for you if you buy one.

:D

3. Five Diamond Lawns

When I talked to them I was amazed to find the hopper is almost the same size as most other top dressers that are 2 or 3 times as large ( 1/3 a yard ). getting into backyards should be a dream.

4. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I spoke with owner of the company last month and I am waiting for him to finish testing the seeder attachment, plus other options. I should be getting a call from him next month and also getting the detailed specs. I am looking at getting the whole package deal.
    twwlawn

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Looks nice, but how many square feet will it cover? Looks like you would have to fill the hopper quite often.

6. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

The hopper holds 1/3 yard and top dressing uses about 1 yard per 1000 sq ft.

7. Five Diamond Lawns

Has anyone else looked into this machine? What was your thoughts? It's seems like it used gravity to drop material on to a screened drum instead of broadcasting the material like other top dressers. Good or Bad? There is an agitator on the options list, that may make a difference.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

2 yrs ago this thread died. Does anyone have feed back on this top dresser? I'm looking at buying one and have talked to the owner, seems perfect for spreading compost, topsoil and sand. Will spread 1/3 yard compost in under 5 mins over 2500 square feet @ 1/8 inch or 1200 sq ft @ 1/4 inch. So one yrd takes 10-15 mins including the loading from trailer. It takes me about 1 hour per yard to do a fair job spreading with wheel barrel and rake but it is tough to do so and get it EVEN - I'm hoping this is a viable solution since I spread over 100 yards this past year (back is killing me) and I'm looking to grow this big time in 2008. The other machine I'm looking at is the Turfco top dresser but it is huge and is about $3,000 more yet holds the same 1/3 yard. I like this R&R product because it looks to be small (fit thru gates and on trailer). Feedback from you experts would be appreciated - big time - before I take the plunge.

10. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybocy have input on this top dresser?