The price is right?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ivyslawncare, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

Just wondering how much you other guys would charge. I had to remove 3 good sized bushes (pulled out with truck), trim another bush and a tree, remove 6 yucca plants, and put in 200 Sq. Ft of river rock (landscape fabric, bed edging, etc.)
    The price i gave was $350.00
    Was this high?......Low?....... average?
    Thanks for any input!
  2. B&GLandscaping

B&GLandscaping LawnSite Member

how long did it take you? did you have to buy the stone, fabric & edging? seems very low to me
  3. ivyslawncare

Around 4 hours....I am still very new to lanscaping.and yes I had to buy all the material
    except the rose bushes
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. B&GLandscaping

My Labor charge would have been $160. Plus a delivery fee for picking up materials and your time to pick them up. So depending on what you paid for the materials, you may be alright.
  5. Get Some...

Get Some... LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I would not make a habit of pulling shrub's out with a truck.......

Otherwise it would seem that you made $225.00 in four hour's, that's a decent wage.
  6. B&GLandscaping

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, you want to risk serious mechanical trouble not to mention your life I guess that's your choice,
    but seeing how customers don't pay what that is worth to me I don't pull bush with truck. :nono:

No sir, you can burn through your transmission, ruin your tires and all sorts of good stuff, and that's just for starters...
    If that rope or chain snaps when you've got about 7 thousand pounds of torque going?
    The loose end could launch itself at such a high rate of speed and with enough force that it can cut a man in half.
    And maybe not quite, but it can do serious physical damage, I don't doubt it could still kill or cut an arm off.

You want them gone, I'll cut them down to the ground with my chainsaw.
    Then I'll bring in my stump grinder and take care of the roots.

As to how much it's going to cost, I would have to take a look.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  8. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

I use my truck, but only to put some tension on it to hack roots with an axe, otherwise I use the come-along
  9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You priced it too cheap for me.

I can see you ruining a set of tires because you pulled a few shrubs out. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

Or you'll completely ruin the transmission if you try to pull a shrub out.

Or watch you don't decapitate your helper with the 700,000,000lbs of tension on that there chain or maybe not his head but his arm with fly off. :confused::hammerhead::nono::cry::dizzy:;):laugh::laugh:

All kidding aside. I think you priced it on the low side.
  10. ivyslawncare

If i could figure out how to put a video on here i would, but it wasn't like you guys think. There was no spinning tires, or revving it up. I actually thought the rope slipped the first time, thats how easy it came out. Otherwise i wouldn't have done it in the first place.